Database Administrator InternBookmark This
The BI Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated individual to help support and maintain IT Engineerings Teradata and Netezza data warehouse database environments. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to utilize their solid DBA and technical skills. You will be working with a seasoned team of DBAs in the US along with our India DBA counterparts to provide rock-solid database support for data warehouse projects.
- Installation, upgrade, configuration, backup and maintenance of database platforms
- Work with customers, vendors and support staff on the technical planning, new capability testing, operational maintenance and troubleshooting of SQL code
- Design, implementation and maintenance of databases
- Implement physical data model
- Develop disaster recovery and failover plans
- Gather and report out on capacity and performance metrics
- Maintain security controls for databases
- Identify and resolve SQL query performance issues
- Monitor database environments
- Provide 12x7 rotational on-call support
Designs, plans, and implements database systems and programs. May have responsibility for administering several aspects of a project such as access methods, device allocation, and security. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures as they relate to databases. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
Qualifications: Actively enrolled in Bachelor's degree program from 4 year accredited college or university in Information Systems or similar IT degree * Minimum GPA of 3.0+ * Must have permanent right to work in the US without sponsorship Knowledge in Teradata Skills such as data modeling, system administration, development, and performance monitoring would be an added advantage. Strong SQL skills with expertise in query optimization and performance tuning. Knowledge of RDBMS concepts, including normalization, star schema, and E-R model. Understanding of SQL concepts, including indexing, database locks, and blocking. Working knowledge of the Teradata suite of tools, including Viewpoint, BTEQ, ARCMAIN, FASTOAD, MLOAD, TPUMP, DBQL is an added advantage. Excellent technical ability, communication (both verbal and written), organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with international counterparts are necessary for this position. Desire and aptitude to work in a highly technical and rapidly evolving environment.