Diesel USA Spring 2014 IT InternshipBookmark This
220 W 19th St
New York, NY
DescriptionCompany Description: Diesel, USA Incorporated is an international cutting edge fashion company, known for its denim and quirky advertising. Based out of Breganze, Italy, Diesel is a lifestyle brand with attitude. Diesel's unconventional management style emphasizes enthusiasm, energy and fun.
Job Description: As an intern, you will assist the IT department as needed and be an active participant in addressing the IT needs of the corporate office. This position offers extensive systems exposure and facilitates a learning opportunity.
Responsibilities• Provide day-to-day support of desktop PC software applications.
• Log service requests as open tickets, maintain status, and provide follow-up both to end users and to members of the IT team.
• Assist in installing new hardware and software applications.
• Perform preventative maintenance on computer equipment.
• Organize request for resources as well as ensuring their timely execution.
• Assist in the dissemination of office equipment including laptops, phones, desktops and accessories.
• Able to dedicate a minimum of 16 hours a week.
• Able to earn school credit at a US accredited college or graduate school.
• Majoring in the Computer Science or related field.
Necessary Skills and Competencies:
• Must proactively problem solve, exercise resourcefulness, and prioritize tasks to meet a variety of demands.
• Positive attitude and desire to learn.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Previous corporate experience or internship a plus.
• Windows Operating System and Macintosh
• Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes a plus