ECHO Information Technology Internship- Spring/Fall SemestersBookmark This
ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center
1 College St.
DescriptionInformation Technology Intern
Responsible to: Information Technology Coordinator
Compensation: College Credit
Description: Assist the IT Coordinator in providing support to Staff and Volunteers, maintaining servers, wired and wireless networking hardware, and digital PBX phone system. ECHO's IT infrastructure is a unique blend of a typical small corporate network, retail environment, and unique technology based exhibits. You'll work with IBM and Cisco equipment, VMWare ESXi virtualization,and a mix of Windows and GNU/Linux network operating systems. Projects may involve documenting existing infrastructure, researching, planning, and deploying new technologies, and auditing network policies. This is an exciting opportunity to gain practical experience in many diverse areas of Information Technology, with an institution making a significant difference in the quality of life in the Lake Champlain Basin and beyond.
• Provide IT support to Staff, Interns, and Volunteers using a variety of software in a Windows environment, including use of Google Apps for Education for email and shared calendars.
• Assist the IT Coordinator in maintenance of Windows and Linux servers and VMWare ESXi environment, Cisco routing and switching environment, enterprise wireless network, and VoIP phone system.
• Help improve documentation of existing network.
• Research new technologies and network security developments.
• Additional IT and InfoSec skills a plus.