Helpdesk/ Desktop Support InternshipBookmark This
Genesis Energy L.P.
919 Milam st.
DescriptionThis position is a year long internship for someone looking to start a career in the IT industry. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn a vast array of technical skills that will serve as a solid foundation for any IT related career. This Internship could potentially lead to a full time hire position for the right candidate.
The compensation for this position is $15 per hour for 20-30 hours per week (Flexible Schedule). Our office is in downtown Houston and paid parking will be provided. The Intern would be required to pass a drug test and background screen.
Responsibilities• Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
• Track issues to resolution updating an internal knowledgebase and/or communicating findings with relevant business units.
• Install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements
• Configure mobile devices.
• Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
Requirements• High school degree or equivalent.
• Should be projected to Graduate in about 1 year possibly 18months.
• Punctual, Professional, Polite.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, 7
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007,2010(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Introductory knowledge of basic computer networking concepts.
• Must have a strong work ethic, organization skills, desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Use of computer terminal requiring frequent mental and visual attention; and able to lift\carry ~50lbs.