Helpdesk IT Internship - for June through August 2013 and September through December 2013 semestersBookmark This
30955 Northwestern Highway
Farmington Hills, MI
DescriptionCompany Profile: Federated Service Solutions (est 2004) specializes in Telecommunications Technology Deployment in the retail, hospitality, communications, OEM, and financial services industries. As a reputable and trusted leader in the telecom industry, our Team is committed to providing the best possible support to our Customers. FSS, headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, is national in scope, local in delivery and fast in response. For more information about our company, please visit www.federatedservice.com.
Internship Summary: Under the direction of the Network Administrator, this Helpdesk IT Intern will learn how to support the operations of a Headquarters and Staff. The Helpdesk IT Intern will learn how to maintain a high level of service to end users by assisting on questions, issues, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment (printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers and VOIP telephones). This internship should enable the Intern to fulfill school internship requirements as well as provide first hand experience that can compliment their education.
ResponsibilitiesDesigned to expose students, who are pursuing a degree in an Information Technology field, to functional experiences within the IT world, we expect the internship to provide the following benefits and learning opportunities:
• Gain hands on knowledge of providing first level help desk assistance to internal and remote end users
• Learn how to build professional relationships with end users in multiple departments (HR, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc)
• Learn how to better troubleshoot real-world end user hardware and software issues
• Learn how to prioritize daily/monthly tasks by following priority listing of duties as determined by Network Administrator
• Learn importance of accurate inventory by performing inventory of supplies, peripherals and equipment
• Gain hands on experience by assembling or relocating equipment to various locations within the building
• Gain hands on experience by performing basic maintenance and trouble-shooting on equipment
• Learn relatable information and corporate business perspectives by providing research on current trends, technologies, pricing, and best practices
RequirementsOur ideal intern will be able to meet or exceed the following requirements:
• MUST be actively enrolled in an IT major at accredited University/College; prefer Junior status or above
• Must have intermediate level experience with MS Office Suites
• Must have ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
• Must be able to multi-task, follow directions and meet assigned deadlines
What else you need to know: This internship opportunity will be for College Credit (unpaid), and will be at least 8 hours a week, preferably 15 or 20 hours per week. The internship needs to be at least 10 weeks, preferably 12 or 16 weeks. Hours and duration can be flexible depending on your school’s scheduling and your availability, though hours must be completed during our hours of operation, which are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. In return, we’ll offer you a challenging and highly rewarding internship and a chance to grow professionally.