IT Desktop Support SpecialistBookmark This
Weintraub Tobin Law Corporation
400 Capitol Mall
DescriptionDowntown law firm is seeking an experienced a IT Desktop Support Specialist with 1-2 years experience in a technology support environment. This individual will be responsible for providing technical and functional support of the firm’s desktop computers, telephones, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems, telephones, and peripherals within the firm’s established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve end user problems and to work directly with end users and firm technical staff. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Responsibilities• Assists staff with the installation, configuration, repair, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, telephones, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
• Performs troubleshooting and investigation of technical issues.
• Coordinate and control end user computer and related systems access and use.
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
• Works with Help Desk and Network Support staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from internal and external customers.
• Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
• Trains and orients users on use of hardware and software.
• Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
• Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
• Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
• Confer with network users about how to improve system performance and resolve system problems.
• Maintain accurate records of system inventory and parts.
• Ensure continued operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional communities.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
RequirementsEDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• 1-2 years experience in a technology support environment (experience in a professional services environment preferred).
• High school diploma or equivalency required.
• Previous legal industry experience preferred.
• Experience working in a customer service role.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Basic knowledge of corporate computing systems and devices and their uses
• Strong knowledge base of Windows operating systems.
• Broad understanding of Microsoft Office products
• Experience in troubleshooting application-related problems
• Ability to install and verify software package installations
• Knowledge of information systems concepts and terminology
• Knowledge of online technical resources and ability to access same.
• Ability and willingness to work to task completion beyond normal business hours, if necessary.
• Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people verbally and written.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Takes pride in work product and pays close attention to detail to ensure quality.
• Reacts well under pressure and is comfortable working in potentially high-pressure situations.
• Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing situations.
• Ability to budget time well and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.