IT InternshipBookmark This
Global Technology Solutions
626 East Broad Street
DescriptionGlobal Technology Solutions, (GTS) is an information technology solutions company that provides professional services to government and commercial clients. Our corporate commitment is to provide both a challenging and rewarding internship program. GTS teaches professional skills that interns will utilize throughout their careers. This internship position is not compensated, but any required or necessary paperwork will be completed to provide college credits.
Responsibilities• Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
• Use advanced troubleshooting skills.
• Research questions using available information resources and advise user on appropriate action.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Administer help desk software.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process.
• Utilize superior customer service skills.
• Work on large projects independently once sufficient training has been provided.
Requirements• Must be in pursuit of a computer science or IT degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA
• Knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
• Motivated self-starter
• Fast learner
• Customer-service oriented
• Attention to detail
• Oral and written communication skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills