IT Services InternshipBookmark This
PC Miracles, Inc.
9207 Andersonville Rd
DescriptionThis unpaid learning experience in a business environment is structured to allow students to develop skills and gain training in their major field of study.
This position will give you the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a job, and to build on this knowledge. Some of the things you'll be exposed to are testing, and running programs; setting up personal computers and peripherals; installing software and hardware for PC users, troubleshooting user problems, and assisting with computer network maintenance; creating and maintaining databases and spreadsheets. You will also interact with our business clients in a Level I help desk environment. PC Miracles has been servicing small-medium sized businesses since 1994.
If you cut your teeth on computers and all your friends come to you to fix their computer problems; if you've built your own computers for gaming, etc. this position if for YOU! Gain a valuable resume reference!
Email your resume and career goals to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please NO phone calls.
Responsibilities- Coordinate with teams to utilize technology to improve communication
- Contribute in improving functionality and profitability for computer systems
- Testing, and running programs
- Setting up personal computers and peripherals
- Installing software and hardware for PC users
- Troubleshooting user problems
- Assisting with computer network maintenance and configuration
- Creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets and Word documents
Requirements- Completed at least 1 year of computer or IT degree related study at a institution of higher learning or technical school
- Have IT competency in the following: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office
- Understand how computers and software work and can increase efficiency
- Possess skills in analyzing, formulating, trouble-shooting, and synthesizing
- Possess good oral and written command of the English language and be able to communicate well over the phone to assist business clients