IT Support SpecialistBookmark This
Reality Technology, Inc.
Kansas City, MO
DescriptionMonitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of Reality Technology clients and office. Install and configure systems. diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either by phone or in person. Some travel required.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
2. Oversee the daily performance of computer system.
3. Develop training materials and procedures and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
4. Responds to client inquires concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
5. Instructs users in the use of equipment, software, and manuals.
6. Recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems.
7. Maintain Windows operating system and desktop programs such as Microsoft Office, Adobe. and similar applications.
8. Provides updates, status and completion information to management, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voicemail, e-mail, or in person communication.
9. Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
10. Provides programming as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer information systems or equivalent combination of qualifying education and technology experience. Minimum of one year college courses completed required.
2. Must possess strong analytical thinking and problem solving abilities.
3. Programming background, Java, VB.net, PHP, CSS, HTML, Oracle, SQL Server preferred.
4. Ability to establish a good relationship with customers.
5. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
6. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.