IT Systems Administration InternshipBookmark This
1100 First Avenue Suite 200
King of Prussia, PA
Posted: 491 days ago
DescriptionThis is a PAID internship where students work a minimum of 12 hours and maximum of 40 hours per week. Due to the constant positive feedback we have received from our program in the past, we never stop looking for new faces as we continuously look for our ideal candidate year round! Our internship for the Fall and Spring semesters consists of 12 weeks each, while the Summer internship is 16 weeks. Please read below to see if this particular opportunity is a fit for you! If so, please visit us at www.remindermedia.com/internship and click the APPLY button and search under “Intern”. We look forward to hearing from you!
ReminderMedia, located in King of Prussia, Pa introduces an original style of marketing with the publishing of American Lifestyle magazine. American Lifestyle magazine is a personal relationship tool that is used by business professionals from various industries to express the value their clients have to their business. The professionals that we work with generate the majority of their business from repeat and referral transactions, thus they use American Lifestyle magazine to express that true client value while expanding their business at the same time. The magazine is fully customizable down to the personal level and features general articles on life in America that everyone can take pleasure in reading.
We have experienced tremendous growth over the past year, due in large part to our internship program. 15% of ReminderMedia employees hired in the past year were hired upon successful completion of the internship program.
• Work closely with members of the Information Technology department to learn how they fulfill the responsibilities of their position
• Assist in the daily functions performed by members of the Information Technology department
• May be tasked to implement hardware and software solutions under close supervision
• Participate in education programs as required
• Perform other related duties as assigned
What will you be doing?
• Install, maintain, and upgrade server and desktop computers
• Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems
• Install configure, and support the organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WN), and Internet systems
• Perform system backups and recovery
• Monitor and adjust the performance of existing networks and continually survey the current computer site to determine future network needs
• Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users, and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Troubleshoot problems reported by users and by automated network monitoring systems
• Work with VMware, Linux, Windows Servers/Desktops, SAN, PBX, Phone systems. switches, routers, etc.
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in the Computer Sciences field.
• Prior computer-related work or internship exp.