IT Technician ? GLOBE InternBookmark This
The Nature Conservancy
P.O. Box 1440
San Antonio, TX
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 30 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Through the GLOBE (Growing Leaders on Behalf of the Environment) internship program, The Nature Conservancy hires students and recent college graduates to fill paid internship positions during a 10-week summer internship. This is a unique opportunity for students and recent graduates to bridge the gap between what is learned in the classroom and on-the-ground work in the world of conservation. Additionally, the GLOBE program provides interns with the chance to directly work toward a sustainable future for our planet on the side of the Conservancy, the worlds largest environmental organization.
The Nature Conservancy offers GLOBE internships in the following areas: Conservation/Environmental Studies, Science, Information Technology (Computer Science), Marketing/Business, Marketing (Photo editing/Production Assistant), Communications, MBA Finance, Policy, Government Relations, Audit, and Philanthropy.
- We are willing to teach the technical skills but we need an enthusiastic individual who has excellent customer service skills.
- Work with Texas TIS staff to develop and implement a disaster recovery and off-site backup plan for each office in Texas.
- Assess current internet/phone systems costs and capabilities in field offices. Research and provide options for improving these systems.
- Create network diagrams for each of the Texas offices using MS Office Visio and post them on our SharePoint support community site.
- Install TNCs standard updates on all Texas computers.
- Verify pc backups are setup properly and running on each computer using TNCs Syncback backup software.
- Provide technical support for the San Antonio staff under the guidance of the supervisor and mentor.
- Research office / building security systems to protect IT and other assests.
- Currently enrolled in college and working towards adegree in computer science or business administration with a minor in computer science.
- Knowledge of business software such as, SharePoint a definite plus.
- Experience with computer hardware repair, Symantec Endpoint protection and imaging highly desired.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- This is a full-time, temporary internship position with a position term of June 1, 2014 - August 8, 2014.
BENEFITS-SHORT TERM POSITIONS
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
- $12.00/hour for undergraduate students; $14.00/hour for graduate students and above
- The Nature Conservancys GLOBE program candidate should demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Contribution to The Nature Conservancys diversity. Applicant has circumstances, experiences, skills or talents that would benefit others and would enhance the diversity of the organization.
- Commitment to diversity. Applicant has shown and can demonstrate a deep and active commitment to the issues of conservation and human diversity.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant has exceptional academic aptitude and record;
- Applicant is able to demonstrate a commitment to conservation of the natural world;
- Applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates applying for internship positions should be graduates of the past 2 years.
Intern Selection Process
- Applications will be screened for eligibility, qualifications, experience level related to the project
- Applicants will be notified of next steps in the process (within 4 weeks after posting date ends)
- 2-3 phone interviews will be conducted for applicants selected to interview
- Additional information may be required before making a final decision
- All applicants will be notified of final selection by mid-March.