IT Web Developer InternBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street
DescriptionSummary: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Information Technology department. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
The Information Technology Department serves The Philadelphia Orchestra, the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and Ticket Philadelphia. The IT Services Department also provides contract resources and support for other Philadelphia-area performing arts organizations (including the Curtis Institute of Music, Opera Company of Philadelphia, and Pennsylvania Ballet) with a combined total of 470+ users. The 17-member Department provides Help Desk and after-hours support; infrastructure design, implementation and maintenance; database analysis, reporting and programming; and web programming and support. The Department is also responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of mission-critical infrastructure, such as the CRM system (that supports marketing, ticketing and fundraising functions) and telephone services. The Information Technology Department is jointly administered by and on behalf of The Philadelphia Orchestra and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
What you will learn:
• Support strategies for developing web capabilities for a consortium of user organizations on one CRM system.
• Design of software solutions from a base level to satisfy the needs of the client organizations.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will do:
1) Assist with implementing software and web code for integration into internal solutions.
2) Assist in maintenance and upgrade of internally hosted and created Content Management System and other internally developed projects.
3) Assist with other duties as assigned with technology initiatives, rollouts, writing specifications and editing HTML/CSS.
4) Assist IT team with daily procedures, help desk and special projects as required.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Preferred programming skills:
1. .Net coding in an object oriented environment.
3. Experience working with .Net Framework.
4. Knowledge of XML/XSLT.
5. Experience with SOAP and Web Services on .Net.
7. Knowledge of Flash scripting a plus.
3. Ability to work in a collaborative work environment.
4. Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently.
5. Able to commit to approximately 24 hours per week of time.
This internship is unpaid.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107