Back End Web Developer Internship - FindBball.comFindBball
Website DeveloperHaggai Business Network
Show Us Your IT and Web-Skills While I Show You How You Could Make Passive Income From The Internetcurvy girl publishing
BNSF Railway: Technology Services Management Trainee 2015 (Entry-level, Full-time) - TelecomBNSF Railway
BNSF Railway: Technology Services Management Trainee 2015 (Entry-level, Full-time) - InfrastructureBNSF Railway
Information Technology Intern (Boston Office)Bookmark This
Family Equality Council
41 Winter St
DescriptionJob Title: Information Technology Intern
Schedule: flexible; 8-40 hours per week
Reporting to: IT Administrator
Founded in 1979, Family Equality Council (FEC) is the national organization exclusively dedicated to securing justice and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) parents and their children by advancing social justice for all families. We work to achieve social and legal equality for LGBT families by providing direct support, educating the American public, and advancing policy reform that ensures full recognition and protection under the law.
FEC is looking for an intern specializing in the field of Information Technology to assist with maintaining operating systems and related software and identifying areas of improvement; supporting local and remote users in using IT and troubleshooting. We are also looking for assistance in creating some simple applications using various tools including Microsoft SharePoint.
- Assist staff with day to day computer issues and questions; identify problem and solution; escalate as needed to IT Administrator
- Monitor operating systems and network and identify areas for improvement
- Set up PCs; install software and updates
- Evaluate primary Server and network and make necessary changes to improve performance
- Map the organization’s IT infrastructure and record asset data (serial numbers, conditions, etc.)
- Create a central repository of information and solutions documentation for frequent/common problems that arise
- Help train/educate users on the use of the information technologies available
- Develop and enhance simple applications and technology to improve the productivity of users
- Support users in working with Microsoft Online Services (Office 365) – hosted Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync
- Support events managed by our Programs team – getting equipment ready, training, and support as needed
All candidates must have a "can do" attitude, enjoy a fast-paced environment, be highly organized without losing sight of larger objectives, and be committed to justice and equality for LGBT families.
Our ideal candidate is: competent – studies focused in IT strategies essential; students studying or interested in the non-profit and/or LGBT sector are encouraged to apply.
Other Qualifications Include:
- Extremely detail-oriented, well-developed organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems (Windows 7), and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic computer administration (ex. installing printers, setting up software, running computer diagnostics)
- Basic database skills (creation and maintenance); some application development experience desirable
- Good verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work well with others