Information Technology InternBookmark This
north shore animal league americ
16 Lewyt Street
Port Washington, NY
DescriptionWe are currently looking for an IT Intern to learn PC troubleshooting techniques, work with staff, work with different software and hardware, and learn the pace of an IT position. The successful candidate will provide North Shore Animal League with on site support services on desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, handhelds and phones. Must be available Monday-Friday at least 10-15 hours per week. Please send resume with to HR@animalleague.org
ResponsibilitiesAssist with software rollouts, hardware testing and day to day support needs.
Provide basic preventative maintenance on computer equipment
Assist in the installation of hardware and peripherals components such as monitors, keyboards and printers; as well as, Assist in the research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, as this position requires direct contact with the user community
• Experience in a Help Desk environment
• Experience with Microsoft Windows XP, and Windows,Microsoft Office
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
• Basic understanding of computer hardware and installation
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs (i.e. printers, computers and other equipment)