Intranet Maintenance Intern (Burlington, VT) Students + Non-Students Welcome to ApplyBookmark This
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
128 Lakeside Ave. Suite 301
DescriptionPlanned Parenthood of Northern New England provides comprehensive reproductive health care to men, women and teens at 21 health centers throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Our mission is to provide, promote, and protect access to reproductive health care and sexuality education so that all people can make voluntary choices about their reproductive and sexual health. We are your sexual health experts. Nothing will freak us out.
PPNNE is offering a part-time, unpaid internship with our Information Technology Department at our Burlington Administrative Office. Intern will be responsible for upgrading PPNNE’s intranet (pePPer) to the most current version of the software. PePPer is built upon a web interface software package from Intranet Connections and ColdFusion. Data for the intranet is stored in a SQL database. This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in gaining firsthand experience in testing, troubleshooting, and performing a major upgrade to a web-based information system.
• Partner with software vendor to create a test environment for the upgrade
• Upgrade ColdFusion version 7 to version 10 within the test environment
• Update Intranet connections to the latest version, making revisions as needed
• Test all functions within pePPer for problems and functionality changes
• Create documentation of major user functionality changes for pePPer stakeholders
• Perform upgrade steps to live database and revise all end-user desktop links to new version on pePPer
• Work with department stake holders to revamp web pages and clean-up data and links
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision is received from the Director of the IT Department
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
The IT Department is currently looking for one intern to complete the goals of the project. Though negotiable, the ideal time commitment is an average of 10-15 hours a week over the course of three to five months.
Requirements• Working experience with SQL databases and SQL Server Management Studio
• Working experience loading multi-user software in a Microsoft Windows Server environment
• Familiarity with ColdFusion Software
• Knowledge of intranet web-based software and design
• Ability to learn through documentation and direct assistance from third-party vendors
• Ability to work on project independently
• Capacity to keep concise documentation of steps taken during project
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Must be able to travel to PPNNE’s Burlington office at 128 Lakeside Avenue.