Investment Banking Firm seeks Part Time/Full Time Computer Systems/Networking InternBookmark This
Global Capital Markets Inc.
DescriptionTitle: IT Administrator Intern
Position Type: Part Time/Full Time Paid Internship, likely 20 – 40 hours per week
Job Function: Computer & IT System Maintenance
Desired Start Date: November 03, 2014
Duration: 1-2 Yrs.
Qualifications: -Training will be provided for the below responsibilities if necessary, with the ability and desire to learn being most important. A candidate with prior experience in the below qualities will be viewed most favorably.
- Experience setting up computers, routers, switches, network printers, scanners, and other hardware devices
- Maintain Windows 8 Server – minimize downtime of server and office internet access
- Windows 7
-Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, & Word)
-HTML/CSS, some basic PHP, and Dreamweaver. SEO experience is a plus.
- Manage Windows 8 as a File / Backup Server: utilize Storage Spaces and File History for mirrored backup and file versioning, confirm all end-users have access to the appropriate network shares, ensure that server is always online.
-Ensure Google Drive is up to date for all clients
- Utilize phone and TeamViewer to provide Technical Support to 6 professionals in Irvine and 9 professionals in remote offices in all types of technical issues related to the skill sets mentioned above
- Manage IT procurements (New computers, hardware, software, ink cartridges, etc)
- Maintain Corporate Website
- Manage contact databases and email marketing programs. Create HTML marketing emails (templates will be provided for reference)
- In addition to these IT related tasks, Intern will be called upon to help refine and format professional presentations. Excel skills are also needed in order to create and maintain new and existing buyer lists.
This position will initially report to the current IT Manager who will provide training and support. After the initial training and apprenticeship period, the new intern will be the acting IT Manager. This position requires a stable, mature individual who is always looking for ways to improve upon current processes. Prior GCM interns have gone on to work at Broadcom, Western Digital, Boeing, Jeffries and other leading companies as well as being admitted to prestigious regional and national Masters and PhD programs. . Where warranted, letters of recommendation are written by senior members of the firm.
Send all correspondence to the following emails: ITAdmin@globalcapitalmarkets.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary : Initially $ 10 / hr, but will increase with performance and responsibility