Jr. Network EngineerBookmark This
Spectra Infosystems Inc
8201 Greensboro Drive, Suite 300
Mc Lean, VA
1. Maintain, test, and monitor complex local area and wide area network designs encompassing multiple technologies using established procedures and tools.
2. Diagnose network issues and provide problem resolution in a timely manner.
3. Develop and maintain all network component and system configurations.
4. Design, install, and support networking systems and operations.
5. Troubleshoot network performance issues.
6. Analyze system errors or failures and work to resolve issues. Escalate as necessary to maximize system availability.
7. Provide technical support to peers and guidance to users.
8. Evaluate new network technologies and make recommendations regarding the integration of relevant technologies into the existing network. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications or equipment.
9. Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and enhanced applications.
10. Create and maintain network systems documentation and asset management information.
ResponsibilitiesEducation, Experience and Certification:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
2. 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
3. Cisco certifications are preferred, but not required.
1. Familiarity with Cisco products and support services and procedures is essential.
2. Experience with Cisco Nexus equipment, Call Manager VoIP systems, Check Point firewall products and/or F5 load balancers is a plus
3. Must be able to work flexible hours on-site and remotely.
4. Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills.
5. Strong interpersonal skills are needed to work well with a talented team of infrastructure support personnel and application developers.
6. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner
7. Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple assignments on a daily basis