Kiva Information Science Intern (81-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $437 million in loans for 1,051,000+ entrepreneurs in 68 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
Kiva's Information Science Intern Role:
The information science intern will be required to innovate on knowledge management using Kiva enterprise Technology systems. The Intern will get experience with a large scale Technology migration project. The intern will be responsible for project management and production in two different ongoing knowledge projects (Wiki Migration and File Services Consolidation). In addition to projects, the intern will participate in the day-to-day operations of the help desk. This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist and architect the migration of Wiki data from one system to another
- Assist and architect the rollout of cloud file storage across the organization
- Day-to-day System Administration and Help Desk tasks
- A "ready to help" attitude
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business
- Self motivated/Self Starter
- Ability to think about long-term content strategy and operations, as well as juggle multiple short-term deadlines
- A sense of humor
- Experience with Wiki systems
- Basic Windows 7 and Mac OS X Administration proficiency
- Background Information Science, Library or relevant experience
- Skilled at working collaboratively with multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to balance competing needs, generate creative approaches, and manage uncertainty
- Is self directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate tasks at hand as well as foresee upcoming creative opportunities
- Opportunity to join the team of the world’s first online person-to-person lending platform.
- Casual work environment- flexible office hours.
- References gladly given for successful participants.
Resume and cover letter required. Please specify your availability in the cover letter.