Mobile App Developer (iOS)Bookmark This
DescriptionGeckoCap, an early-stage health-IT startup located in Kendall Square, is developing solutions for medication adherence using mobile technology. The founding team includes physicians, engineers, and MIT Sloan MBA graduates with prior startup success. GeckoCap was born at the MIT Media Lab's "New Media Medicine Hackathon" where it won the top prize, and it was also a semifinalist in the MIT 100K Business Plan Competition. We recently presented at CES 2013 in Las Vegas and at TED MED 2013 in Washington DC, and we received great press from both. We are developing a new product that helps kids manage their asthma medication, and we need a few more talented people to join our team. We are looking for people that share our vision of improving the lives for families of children with asthma.
Compensation: Internships are paid and includes work experience in a real-world startup and interaction with founders at a winning Health-IT company.
Successful interns may have opportunity to grow with the company!
RequirementsIdeal candidates will have some or all of the following:
• Experience in iOS development
• Experience with native notifications
• Experience with native Bluetooth integration
• Setting up and using a version control system
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team, with little direct supervision
• Ability to understand and contribute to functional requirements
• Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements
Candidates should be high-energy, self-starters, able to work in a dynamic environment, have good communication skills, and be able to make a full-time commitment for at least 3 months.