Network Engineer/PC Support InternBookmark This
ETA Technology Services
4466 Hwy P, Suite 206
DescriptionWork hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm but can be flexible. This is an internship so pay can be negotiated and has the possibility of permanent employment. We are looking for a student looking to grow into the industry of technology by putting their knowledge to use in a hands on environment.
ResponsibilitiesDesigning and implementing complex network projects to address and resolve business needs.
Perform network modification projects in relation to Wide Area Network (WAN), enterprise data centers that include routing protocol configuration changes, router/switch configuration, firewall/VPN configuration, and load balancer configuration.
Meets with and collect data from various departments and agencies in the creation of practical network modifications for design, development, testing and eventual implementation in the production environment.
Creating change requests for configuration changes on routers, switches and firewalls etc.
Performs day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment maintenance, application and network troubleshooting utilizing packet traces.
Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
Monitors the network for trouble conditions, implements network troubleshooting procedures to isolate specific trouble source and take corrective action.
Initiates, updates, tracks and closes trouble tickets; creates and sends network alerts as needed to internal organizations (Customer Care, Repair, Provisioning, etc.).
Executes effective actions to meet Mean Time to Repair and Network Availability goals and objectives.
Provide support services to internal and external customers via telephone. Actively researches IP networks for areas of potential problems or implementing quality improvements.
Ensures optimum performance of all data network elements. Ensures network equipment configurations and updates are correct and current.
Performs preventive/routine end-to-end maintenance processes.
Requirements- Intermediate understanding of data/IP networks equipment, terminology and standards.
- Intermediate understanding of Ethernet switching and IP routing including VLANs, access lists, and routing protocols.
- Intermediate understanding of network security and firewalls.
- Intermediate experience with configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches.
- Basic understanding of VoIP protocols.
- Basic knowledge of architecture and major components of softswitch-based, next-generation, converged networks.
- Intermediate knowledge of server hardware and operating systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of scripting/data manipulation.
- Understand how computers and software can increase efficiency
- Possess skills in analyzing, formulating, trouble-shooting, and synthesizing