Programmer/Web DeveloperBookmark This
Profit Sense Innovations
26 Journal Square
Jersey City, NJ
DescriptionProgramming, Product / Web Developer
Location: Jersey City, NJ
HAGTAP is your one stop shop for a night out on the town; whether you’re looking for a happy hour spot to unwind with co-workers or a night out with your girls, HAGTAP has all the GO TO happening spots/events/promotions and party information.
We are looking for back-end web engineers that can help us build a compelling web presence while maintaining simplicity and usability. You should be able to think critically about a problem, evaluate the solution set, and be able to pick the right course of development given the set of constraints while adopting appropriate technologies to solve technical challenges.
Ideal candidates will enjoy designing and implementing systems that scale seamlessly with hundreds of millions of users that decide to share their lives through images every day.
• Developing a user friendly interface, supported by a simple yet well-designed backend Infrastructure
• Create and Develop a user friendly Social Media Platform for HAGTAP users
• Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time launch
• Manage user experience of a product area from conception to launch
• You will be working closely together with our Project Manager to continually improve user's HAGTAP experience.
• Researching existing solutions that are relevant to HAGTAP and identifying interesting aspects, and communicating the findings.
• Taking ownership of the project from initial phase to final implementation / launch
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Design, information technology or similar field.
• Experience with at least 1 scripting language(C++, JAVA, PHP, PERL, PYTHON etc.)
• Experience in product development
• Hands on programmer, strong in data structures and programming practices
• Experience of 2+ years of programming and/or SQL
• An entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
• Deep understanding, familiarity and skill with programming for the web.
• The ability to pick up new programming language very quickly.
• Be able to write simple, readable, and well-documented code.
• Experience with large-scale, distributed systems design and development with a strong understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling is a plus.