Technical Support AnalystBookmark This
Planet Payment, Inc.
670 Long Beach Blvd
Long Beach, NY
DescriptionPlanet Payment, Inc, a leading international payment and data processor, provides internationally focused banks and their merchants with innovative solutions that enable them to accept, process and reconcile payments, anytime, anywhere and in any currency.
Headquartered in Long Beach, New York, our global commercial centers include Beijing, Bermuda, Delaware (New Castle), Dubai, Georgia (Roswell), Hong Kong, Hawaii (Honolulu), Ireland (Dublin), London, Mexico (Mexico City), Shanghai, Singapore and Toronto.
We have an immediate need for an Intern to do Technical Support work in our Long Beach, NY office.
The Technical Support Analyst will provide excellent desktop/laptop and mobile devices support to HQ and remote business users and provide first tier support for our Windows Active Directory based network. Candidates must be comfortable interfacing with end users and customers and be able to maintain a high level of service and professionalism. An ideal candidate will be able to quickly learn new technologies and adapt in a fast paced environment. He or She needs to be comfortable working independently as well as being a member of a team as the situation requires. The candidate should be capable of maintaining thorough notes as well as consistent customer communication as tickets are being processed. In addition the candidate must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and see them each through to completion.
Responsibilities• Provide first tier troubleshooting, diagnosis and timely resolution to staff
• Assist users with requests submitted via phone, email and automated ticketing system
• Diagnose and resolve issues with: Microsoft Windows, MS Office Applications and SharePoint.
• Image of new laptops/desktops and perform break/fix.
• Administer users in Active Directory
• Provide system administration and support
• Adhere to IT access-management and change control procedures
• Fast-paced, and holds a high level of responsibility to ensure timelines are met accordingly.
Requirements• Prior Help Desk Experience
• Experience supporting Windows desktop operating systems (Win7 and above)
• Windows Server and Active Directory experience
• Strong professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong Knowledge with MS office suite and SharePoint 2010
• Good Knowledge of Active directory (2008/2012), Exchange 2010; Windows Server 2003-2012
• Knowledge of web technologies is a plus
• Knowledge of Bomgar remote support software a plus
Education and Experience:
• Working towards a College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science