UX Designer, Creative InternBookmark This
3711 Market Street
DescriptionDo you make a statement through your design? If you believe your creativity is what sets you apart from everyone else? You are in process of building the ultimate design portfolio?
If the answer to all of the above is YES the the HootBoard design internship is what you are looking for.
So what is HootBoard? HootBoard provides cool, highly interactive bulletin boards for various communities. We are one of the coolest startups in town already known for our ground breaking design and utility. This will be your opportunity to learn from and contribute to the team that is building this next generation platform for community engagement..... Find out more about HootBoard here http://www.hootboard.com/post/Introducing_HootBoard/cG9zdElkPTk4MA==
Responsibilities- Running usability analysis sessions with HootBoard users & focus groups.
- Learn the needs, wishes of HootBoard users and bake it into an updated user experience that is unparalleled in this space.
- Run iterative tests on user experience success with quick weekly releases.
- Use site mockup tools like keynotopia or similar.
- Coordinate with an offshore development team for code management, testing and other technical aspects of the site.
RequirementsYou are the right candidate if you have a can do attitude, a penchant for design, have strong interest in new technology and startups and if you sport a professional demeanor.
Below are some of the other requirements for the position:
• Design/layout and typography skills
• Knowledge of tools in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Interested in design production
• Basic understanding of web design
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented
• Must be highly organized yet flexible with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and also be a pro-active self-starter
• Must be willing to assist in all aspects of design and marketing with a positive attitude
• Basic skill in Microsoft Office and iWork programs
• Basic understanding and some coursework in Marketing preferred, but not required