Web Development InternBookmark This
7360 E. Acoma Drive, Suite 2
DescriptionTrapp Corp., a cloud computing and telecom powerhouse, is looking for a web development intern who loves to work in WordPress, has experience modifying themes and templates, creating plugins and takes a creative approach to solving problems. This position supports the entire marketing team as related to web projects.
The WordPress Web Developer will provide support of web sites by designing, architecting, and developing with WordPress.
Purpose of the Position
To create websites that stick with the overall branding and image of the Trapp family of companies. This includes creating branding sites, marketing sites, and landing pages for new products and services. Also the upkeep and updating of existing sites.
U.S. Law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States — either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength also attracts unauthorized employment. Trapp Online strictly enforces all United States Immigration Laws.
Responsibilities• Design website layouts and code/deploy HTML/CSS/php based websites.
• Maintain and update existing websites.
• Convert designs into custom-themed WordPress websites.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Support the entire marketing team as needed.
Requirements• Experience with PHP/WordPress required.
• At least 1 year of professional experience designing, building & maintaining websites is required.
• Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions
• Creation of custom post types
• Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with the WordPress coding standards
• Creation of clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code
• Theme/Template integration
• Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite)
• Strong understanding of design, typography, UI, web standards and usability.
• Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
• Knowledge of Google Webmaster Tools, Website Optimizer, and Genesis Themes strongly preferred.
• Experience with responsive/mobile coding is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of motion graphics / audio production / photography and /or editing is a plus.