Web developer internBookmark This
Hedgeye Risk Management
24532 Del Prado
Dana Point, CA
DescriptionHedgeye Risk Management's engineering department is looking for interns (Summer and during school year) to help develop web applications, fix bugs, pair program, contribute ideas, work with internal customers, and research new methods and technologies. The ideal candidate will be an aspiring web software engineer looking to cut their teeth on a production website. The ideal candidate will also be a web 2.0 afficianado, familiar with various web and mobile applications.
Apply directly at: http://hedgeye.hrmdirect.com/employment/view.php?req=69771&
Students who apply directly will processed before those who do not.
Similarly, as there is a large amount of applicants for few positions, applicants who successfully complete https://github.com/hedgeyedev/Intern-Application-Exercise will be processed before those who do not.
While the following applicant exercise is not required of interns, intern applicants who can successful complete it will be preferred. https://github.com/hedgeyedev/Developer-Applicant-Exercise
Responsibilities* help develop web applications
* fix bugs
* pair program
* contribute ideas
* work w/internal customers
* research new methods and technologies
* Currently pursuing a degree in a related field (computer science, mathematics, web engineering, etc.)
* Aptitude with object-oriented programming languages
* Passion for technology and coding
* Familiarity with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
* TDD/BDD experience
* *nix experience
* Interested in Agile Development
* Experience with databases
* Experience with mobile technology
* Design ability
This position requires proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas: programming, web development, testing
This position is on site. Applicants must be able to relocate themselves and be legal to work in the US.