Website Design InternBookmark This
Posted: March 04 2016
Company Location: Elkins Park, PA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWeb Design Intern
Lexacount Search is seeking a capable web design intern who has or who wants to develop experience in developing, planning, and executing website design and layout, as well as maintaining technical and graphical aspects of website performance and maintenance. This includes navigation flow, layout of website pages, creation of individual graphic elements, and the design of the overall customer experience of our websites and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Plan site design and provide design elements, navigation, templates, and finished solutions.
– Coordinate with copywriters and graphic artists to prepare illustrative materials and develop site content, including; images, icons, banners, audio enchantments, etc.
– Install and configure server software, programming language using formatting tools, establishing links, and ensuring cross-platform compatibility.
– Establish site ability to be located via registration with search engines.
– Use SEO, SEM and social media to increase accessibility.
– Monitor site performance and perform updates and maintenance as necessary to improve graphics, content, performance, and results.
– Ensure all website related material and finished solutions work appropriately with different browsers and computer settings within constraints set by development and design.
– Protect websites by designing and installing security precautions.
– Participates in efforts to improve website quality and other electronic publications as needed.
– Knowledge of HTML web technologies and applications, very internet savvy, web programming skills.
– Knowledge of Web Graphic Design or Web Interface Design.
– B.A. (or earning a B.A.) in Graphic Design, art or related field, or equivalent academic/work experience.
– Experience with audio and/or video computer technology is very desirable.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, teamwork capabilities.