Website Designer/Developer Intern (WordPress)Bookmark This
Posted: 664 days ago
DescriptionWe are seeking several interns to work for substantial experience and college credit with a flexible 10 hrs. a week for 12-15 weeks tailored to the intern’s schedule. We need interns to immediately review, redesign, fix, and develop websites using WordPress and WordPress themes. Familiarity with business oriented WordPress themes is greatly preferred.
Applicable candidates include:
University student with a background in at least one of the following:
- Website Development/Design (particularly WordPress Dev/Design)
- HTML, CSS, PHP
- Computer Science
While working on various website projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and real world experiences while developing and enhancing skills in web design, graphic design, illustration, marketing, leadership, customer service, team-building, project management, time management, strong social skills, and problem-solving. This experience will undoubtedly broaden an intern’s networking skills and sharpen technical skills. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience for your resume, build a strong foundation, build a new network, and will result in a great reference.
Upon successful completion of your internship, we will provide a job recommendation or reference letter directly from our CEO and the intern’s direct supervisor. Interns will also be given special consideration if continuing working with the company.
We are currently searching for a knowledgeable and motivated web designer intern to contact us and begin working with us as soon as possible.
Responsibilities-Edit and fix company websites to combat bugs and small errors
- Design website layouts and architecture to maximize user experience and SEO
- Use pre-built WordPress themes to develop and design websites
- Develop or modify WordPress themes/templates for agency or client use
- Design or modify background and header images for websites and social media pages/profiles
- Design email marketing and email newsletter templates to match websites
- Manage projects- must be able to communicate and collaborate with supervisor and other designers and writers
RequirementsQualified interns must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Web development
- Basic HTML/CSS coding knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of how to build and customize a Word Press based website
- jQuery, MySQL experiences helpful
Adobe Creative Suite or other design program knowledge preferred
- Drawing/sketching skills preferred
- Creativity in vision and ability
- Timely approach to responsibilities
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail