IT/Computer Systems InternStrategy Integration Group, Inc
Form Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Video Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Web Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Website Design InternPenrose Realty
SEO SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Web CopywriterBeloved Streets of America
Associate Developer (SW Engineer)Bookmark This
2300 Garden Road
Posted: November 12 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWould you enjoy working on a team that works hard, plays hard, is cross-functional and building some of the coolest tools, products and platforms in the insurance industry?
Capital Insurance Group® (CIG), founded in 1898, is the leading regional property and casualty insurer serving the Western U.S. As an employee-owned company with a solid financial track record and extensive local knowledge, claims, and underwriting experience, we provide a superior balance of coverage, protection, and value. CIG insures personal autos, homes, condos, vacation properties, rented apartments, and covers a wide range of commercial and agricultural businesses, vehicles and property.
The Associate Developer (SW Engineer) intern will help supports CIG’s business objectives by assisting in delivering work on projects that range from smaller systems enhancements to large development projects.
To apply, go to: Https://ciginsurance.recruiterbox.com/jobs
Responsibilities• Assists in the development of enhancements of complex systems and/or software from requirements and specifications
• Helps contribute to project planning, including review of requirements
• Helps work with business analysts and developers to create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
• Contributes to efforts to improve quality of applications
• Assists in the Troubleshooting of code defects and deploy timely fixes
• Assists with creating and maintaining technical documentation
• IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, and technical standards
• Development Concepts, Design Patterns, and Relational Database Management System concepts
• Agile and waterfall development exposure
• Effectively manage time and complete tasks
• Work well within a team
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others inside and outside of the IT organization
• Adapt to changing requirements and technologies
Prefer some level of experience in at least two of the preferred skills listed below.
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
• Pursuing BS/BA
• Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other class levels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
SkillsRequired - English, Applications Software Development
Preferred - SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, Oracle Agile PLM, Eclipse, J2EE, MVC, Spring