IT/Computer SystemsReliance capital limited
Client Services Specialist - InternshipSynthesio, Inc.
IT/Computer Systems InternWico Metal Products
Project Management InternshipTrovisto Security
Summer/Fall InternHeartRise Movement
Wordpress-Website InternshipSRG Fashion
Information Technology / Software Engineering InternshipsNeST Group of Companies
Computer Forensics & Digital InvestigationsBookmark This
Protek International, Inc
6262 Kingery Highway, Suite 270
Posted: August 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionProtek is a boutique firm delivering impeccable services in the areas of digital investigations, electronic discovery, advisory services, and full service investigations to clients that range from the world’s largest law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies to small businesses and individuals in need of help. This range of clientele generates an interesting and challenging mix of engagement subject matters to include cyber intrusions, spear phishing, cyber and electronic espionage, social media investigations, white collar fraud, employment discrimination, malware analysis, Intellectual Property theft, and cyber stalking. Protek’s professionals, whose backgrounds include FBI cyber squad and lab, state high-tech prosecutor, and FBI white collar and special operations, conduct investigations in the field, on-line, and at Protek’s sophisticated, secure forensics laboratory.
ResponsibilitiesThe Computer Forensics and Digital Investigations Intern will receive invaluable experience and training on the latest and most advanced techniques and technologies from Protek’s professionals. Protek is committed to the professional development and career advancement of the selected individual and has structured the Intern position to maximize this experience by including the following range of responsibilities and activities as appropriate:
• Supports range of investigations and litigation under direction of Protek professionals
• Forensic imaging and data collection from workstations, mobile devices, portable media and devices, and cloud repositories
• Evidence in-take, inventory, and Chain of Custody documentation
• Forensic examinations, analysis, and report preparation
• Forensic laboratory operations and support, which includes sophisticated server environment and applications and utilities such as Citrix, RDBMS, Virtual Machines, EnCase, FTK/Summation
• Assist in preparation of client deliverables
• Other operations duties as needed
• Enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree program focused on a relevant discipline to include computer forensics, cyber security, Information Technology.
Desired Experience & Technical Proficiency:
• Employment or experience in position with responsibilities related to internship responsibilities and activities preferred.
• General work experience demonstrating strong work ethic
• Training and/or experience with one or more of the following:
o Forensics utilities: EnCase, FTK, IEF
o Mobile device forensic utilities: Oxygen Forensic
o Database Servers: Microsoft SQL, MySQL (MariaDB)
o Various Operating Systems to include: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux (CentOS / RedHat Linux)
o Microsoft Office Suite and LibreOffice (The Document Foundation)
o Desktop, application, and storage virtualization infrastructure
o Distributed applications and clustered storage
Other Valued Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability and willingness to follow instructions
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting
• Strong character and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude and desire to learn