IT/Computer Systems InternZAG Group of Companies
Application Development InternBRUNNERWORKS
IT/Computer Systems InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Software Developer with Ability to Obtain TS/SCI Clearance!CSRA
INTERN Application DeveloperCSRA
Digital Marketing InternshipEStreet IT solutions pvt ltd
Website DeveloperAlert Inc.
IT Support InternEmpowerCare
Data Visualization Developer InternBookmark This
Posted: August 31 2016
Company Location: Rockville, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionK12ology is looking for a creative and innovative Data Visualization Developer interns who understands and appreciates both the art and science of translating numbers into graphics and interactives that are easy to understand and use. The Data Visualization Developer will create dynamic and static media to visualize demographic data, numbers, past performance, ideas, and comparative data in order to create compelling stories and help K12ology communicate progressive ideas and K12 performance data.
The Data Visualization Developer intern will work as part of a team that develops dashboards, infographics, web graphics, and reports. However, the Data Visualization Developer intern will also have a significant amount of creative freedom to explore new ways of presenting data and the stories behind the data. This position will create dashboards, graphs and charts, maps, data visualizations, and other interactive dashboards in order to help communicate key information.
To apply E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
• Collaborate with team members to communicate ideas and goals by creating interactive and non-interactive data visualizations, including graphs, mockups and charts, graphics, maps, and explainers.
• Part of the development team on projects to integrate public and interactive census and state data with dashboards.
RequirementsRequirements and qualifications:
• Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information technology / sciences or a related field, or at least one year of professional data design experience.
• Experience with any of the dashboards tools like Tableau, JasperSoft, JReports, YellowFin,
• UI/UX and web-design instincts
• Strong understanding of basic data structures
• Experience with MySql or any other database
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language for processing and reformatting data.
• A solid understanding of statistics