Web Design InternshipSuperInterns.com
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / COMPUTER SCIENCE INTERNALLERGAN PLC
Web DeveloperLife for Love LLC
IT Software DeveloperHelpific
Web Developer - WordpressFV MAGAZINE
IT/Computer Systems InternAECOM Technology
Digital Support Intern/VolunteerBookmark This
P.E.A.R.L. Institute of New York
1 Washington Square North
New York, NY
Posted: September 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Pacific, Education, Research, and Learning Institute of New York Inc. (P.E.A.R.L. Institute), is a non-profit organization in New York City, established by a group of professionals with a strong commitment to address the social policy as well as human service needs of individuals and families from different cultural backgrounds. The institute is dedicated to integrating Eastern and Western cultures and promoting optimal policy and service outcomes for the U.S. and Pacific Rim populations. The institute develops mutually beneficial partnership with overseas social work institutions, organizations and practitioners, and it is committed to the education, advocacy, research, and dissemination of information that functions in providing culturally competent social work practice and other related human services programs.
The P.E.A.R.L. Institute is currently seeking self-motivated individuals for the fall and winter terms. The Digital Support Intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to P.E.A.R.L. Institute of New York for network, hardware and software issues.
Responsibilities• Website design and maintenance;
• Installing and maintaining computer systems;
• Resolving internet and network problems;
• Meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested
• Providing training to staff on software and hardware use
• Providing backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless
• Maintaining open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
• Performing other duties/projects as assigned.
Requirements• Bachelor degree required.
• IT education background required;
• Working at least 21 hours per week for part time, or 35 hours per week for full time;
• Current students or recently graduated students;
• Experience in Non-profit organization preferred;
• Experience with project management strongly preferred;
• Excellent organization and communication skills.