iOS Core Developer for Social GamesBookmark This
6615 Melrose Ave. #3
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionScopely is a rapidly growing social mobile gaming startup founded by proven entrepreneurs and backed by distinguished investors. Our sunny Los Angeles office is fueled by an abundant supply of coconut water, coffee, and camaraderie -- with an irrepressible dash of mischief. In case you don’t live in LA or you’re not a US citizen, we consider relocation and/or visa costs to be a small price to pay for world-class talent.
We are looking for the most badass iOS engineers on the planet to help us develop Top 10 cutting-edge apps and games used by millions of users. Our mobile developers are award-winning hackers who expect to be working with world-class talent.
We set the bar extremely high at Scopely, but that's the type of environment you crave. Your ambition to build something significant and lasting is exceeded only by your desire to be surrounded by coworkers who are equally relentless. If you are itching to be involved in a startup that's going places and where you can have a considerable impact, then you just might have found your calling at Scopely.
Responsibilities• Ship production-grade iOS (iPod, iPhone, iPad) apps and games used by millions of people
Requirements• Strong understanding of mobile networking best practices: request limiting, request caching, batching, content aggregation, minification, integrating with rest and tcp/udp services, etc.
• Expert performance profiler: understands the importance of optimizing for speed, memory usage and end-user responsiveness with strong pre-ARC Objective-C memory management skills
• Comfortable using asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize UI responsiveness
• You know how to make the unthinkable happen: long data lists and thousands of images don’t scare you, animations are cake
• You know all the iOS APIs inside and out and your knowledge of obscure parameters scares authors of technical books
• Thorough and complete knowledge of Objective-C and iOS
• You’re a pro. You have at least one app in the app store(s).