Instructional Design / Learning Management System InternshipAnaheim University
NodeJs Express DeveloperEcoG
Java EE DeveloperEcoG
Networking/Systems Technology / IT / Full Time Live in at Camp Great for F1 StudentsSummit Camp & Travel
IT/Computer Systems InternSPARE
Business Intelligence Developer InternBridepoint Education
Data and Technology Department InternThe Service Employees International Union
IT Service Management Operations Intern-Summer 2017-012NXSabre
Information Technology Support Officer InternBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe IT Technical Support Officer monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the Young Men and Women’s African Heritage Association. He/she will install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
ResponsibilitiesThe Information Technology Technical Support Officer performs a wide range of duties including:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Experience working in Information Technology Support or related area
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.