Form Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Video Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Web Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Website Design InternPenrose Realty
SEO SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Web CopywriterBeloved Streets of America
Web Design InternshipJulie Braun Co.
DATA ENTRYHealth way Medical Corporation Limited
Information Technology Support Officer InternBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe IT Technical Support Officer monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the Young Men and Women’s African Heritage Association. He/she will install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
ResponsibilitiesThe Information Technology Technical Support Officer performs a wide range of duties including:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Experience working in Information Technology Support or related area
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.