Communications InternITT Technical Institute-Houston North
VASE Construction IT/Computer Systems InternVASE Construction
Communications InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternUnisys
IT/Computer Systems InternReliance capital Limited
IT TechnicianUCP of Central Florida
2nd/3rd Shift Production SupervisorAmerican Postal Workers Union
PARTS CLEANER / DEBURRING DEPARTMENTAmerican Postal Workers Union
IT Applications TraineeBookmark This
1100 Ridgeway Loop Road
Posted: October 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Major in information systems or computer science preferred.
Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
No experience required.
Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ingenuity and creativity
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Analytical capabilities
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Tenacity and patience
• Understanding of business processes and constraints
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be oriented and trained in the Client software development lifecycle. Working under close supervision performs the following duties: assists in the development/modification of simple software programs; assists in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participates in review sessions with IT colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops an understanding of Client's IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
• Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
• Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties:
• Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
• Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
• Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
• Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
• Follows per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.