Web Design InternshipJulie Braun Co.
SEO SpecialistJulie Braun Co.
IT/Computer Systems InternBetter Homes and Gradens Real Estate
Summer 2017 Service Team InternRocket IT
IT/Computer Systems InternCenterPoint Energy
iPhone App Developer PositionSunState Digital Solutions
French Academy Web design - Computer InternFrench Academy
IT Desktop Support InternshipBookmark This
110 S. Turnpike Rd.
Posted: October 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMasonicare of Wallingford, Connecticut, is the state’s leading provider of healthcare and retirement living communities for seniors. We are not-for-profit and have more than 100 years of experience behind us. We’re recognized for the quality, compassionate care and steadfast support we provide to our residents and patients.
The IT Department comprise of a small group of talented individuals with expertise in many areas of IT, with numerous team members holding multiple industry certifications.
The internship experience is primarily offered at our Wallingford, CT location, with occasional learning opportunities available at our branches across the state of Connecticut. Even though we do not have paid internships, we offer other immeasurable benefits, partially based on the number of hours committed to the program. In addition to the essential resume-building hands-on experience, we also provide ITIL Foundation certification training from an ITIL Expert. As part of our commitment to the internship experience, we also provide valuable feedback and assistance with resume, LinkedIn profile, job search preparation and interviews. As part of our volunteer team, interns are also eligible for free meals in our cafeterias when they work.
Responsibilities1. Assemble and deploy hardware components as well as image and configure PC for requested builds, per departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
2. Assist with set up and testing of new computing devices and peripherals.
3. Assist with quality control and assurance processes for new systems, applications and peripherals.
4. Perform basic troubleshooting and testing on returned equipment for appropriate disposition.
5. Update assigned Incident and Request records with appropriate technical details, per departmental SOP.
6. Support end-user’s workspace setups and moves.
7. Maintain and organized and clean stock rooms environment with necessary inventory, as specified by departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
8. Assist with handling of procured equipment as well as packing and shipping, of equipment designated for end users.
9. Perform other assigned tasks.
RequirementsHigh School Education or equivalent required.
Must be willing to follow instructions.
Must be able to communicate and work within a team setting.
Customer service mindset is highly desired.
Above all, must have desire to learn and succeed!