I.T. Data Entry PAID InternshipGIE Dental Lab
Website and digital-assistant Intern for growing nonprofit organization in NYC - FashionCouncil for Fashion and Social Change
Mobile App Developer - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world!Connect With Training
Web Development InternFortress Consulting Group
SAP Internship ProgramSage Group Consulting Inc
Network Infrastructure EngineerAscent Innovations LLC
Records Management InternCapital Metro
NYC-Information Technology InternshipCinedigm
IT Help DeskBookmark This
Feeding Children Everywhere
830 Ronald Reagan Blvd
Posted: September 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis position is essential to providing direct technical assistance and support to FCE staff and interns for network, hardware and software interruptions. There are opportunities to gain practical, hands on experience within the technical operations of a nonprofit organization and in the information technology field. All interns help empower and mobilize volunteers at Hunger Projects across the United States. Hunger Projects are large, high energy events, where hundreds to thousands of volunteers assemble healthy meals for hungry children.
ResponsibilitiesFirst and foremost, empowering, mobilizing, and connecting with PEOPLE.
• Provide direct or one-on-one technical assistance and support to FCE staff and interns for network, hardware and software issues.
• Manage the technology channel within FCE’s internal communication network, Slack.
• Help install, maintain and troubleshoot computer & technology systems and their subsystems, including hard drives, power supplies, phone systems, memory, monitors and the supporting operating software.
• Resolving internet and network access issues.
• Maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment; including, assigning/re-assigning staff and intern hardware.
• Determining the cause of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
• Assist with the implementation of new technology systems (i.e. phone system, printers, Salesforce, etc.).
• Helping lead Hunger Projects.
RequirementsYou’ll Thrive in this Position if:
• You Speak Geek: Computer Savvy, Highly Proficient in Technology Systems and Processes (including Windows PCs, Apple/Macs, and Chrome devices),
• You Delight in Solving Puzzles: Enjoy Troubleshooting and Problem Solving, Understanding Ethernet Wiring and its Standards Preferred
• You Put People over Processes: Exceptional Customer Service Skills, Willingness to Learn and a Desire to Serve.
• You’re a Gmail Ninja: Enjoy Working with Google Drive, Knowledge of the Office Suite & Google Apps