CENIC - Network Operations Center InternCENIC
Research Technology InternApplied Development LLC
IT/Computer Systems InternAutofair Automotive
Data Entry and Information ProcessingEISER
Web DesignerBeloved Streets of America
IT/Computer Systems InternStrategy Integration Group, Inc
Form Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
Market Research InternBookmark This
5 W Hargett Street
Posted: August 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Market Research Intern will be responsible for working independently and with team members to conduct and/or support the production of primary research projects from start to finish among key stakeholders.
AJP Group LLC (www.ajpgroupllc.com) and its portfolio company ANEXIO (www.anexio.com) seeks intern candidates in the areas of Research/Statistics, Investment Banking, financial modeling, and Corporate Development.
Intern Objectives. It is 20+ hours per week to research, identify and target potential acquisition targets for ANEXIO. The position is initially unpaid but has the opportunity to transition to a full time position.
Responsibilities• Candidate will learn about Managed IT/ Cloud Services/ Data Center industry and the highly fragmented nature of an evolving and fast growing industry.
- Significant research and evaluation of potential targets for consolidation project.
• Interns will be given special projects to handle independently with company president and partners' direct oversight.
• Interns will work for an established Private Equity/ Pledge Fund under the direct instruction of one of the firm's partners. Hours that are not required in the central office setting can be flexibly set to accommodate the intern's personal schedule including days, evenings or weekends. Many projects can be performed independently at the intern's home office, supported by occasional on-site office hours/days for local interns..
RequirementsRequired /Preferred Skills
Bachelor's candidate or completed Bachelor's degree in statistics, marketing, business administration, investment banking, technology, or similar subjects.
Students and graduates with research and statistical analysis exposure, as well as technical reporting writing will be given preference.
Graduate market research students and undergraduate juniors and seniors who are considering market research as a career are encouraged to apply.
Desired GPA: 3.0, but will consider a highly ethical, motivated self-starter with 2.2+
• Basically familiar with market research techniques (qualitative and quantitative)
• Interest in the internet, data center and managed services industries and technology/services sectors, as well as marketing and business development in the general/ financial business sectors.
• Social media savvy: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, business social media
• Industry research via internet, database and networking
• Online search skills focusing on vendor data and competitive research
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects at all times
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Desire to be innovative and contribute to team’s success
Desired Skills and Experience
• Well versed and experienced with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Familiar with software which produces and develops graphics: charts, tables, research report layout
• Prior course work (or participation in marketing/research student organizations) or job experience in similar position
• Experience with commerce sites, online retailing, product placement desirable.
• Internet research skills are mandatory. The majority of all intern projects entail up to 90% online research and reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate an idea to a diverse audience
• Strong analytical skills
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to see the big picture while working at ground level
• A Master's or Bachelor's degree , or university junior or senior completing bachelor's degree program with courses requiring heavy data analysis, business communications, or marketing.
If you are a high-energy, self-motivated, persuasive individual and competent in the skills listed above, please attach your resume and cover letter.
This position may lead to future employment opportunities for the successful intern post-graduation. Successful candidates will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Black Book.