Mobile App Developer - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world!Connect With Training
Web Development InternFortress Consulting Group
SAP Internship ProgramSage Group Consulting Inc
Network Infrastructure EngineerAscent Innovations LLC
Records Management InternCapital Metro
NYC-Information Technology InternshipCinedigm
Technical SupportInstreamatic Inc
Junior Java with TrainingDragon Upskills
Networking Admin InternshipBookmark This
EIC Agency, LLC
New York, NY
Posted: April 28 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionATTENTION: You MUST Receive School Credit in Order to Intern With Us! You WILL Be Asked to Supply Proof of School Credit Eligibility Before Interviewing. Thank You.
Do you like working with computers, networks, and other bits of office technology? We are seeking ONE quality intern for this slot.
This is an unpaid internship.
Your overall responsibility will be to support the smooth operation of the technical components of our office. You will be involved with selecting, purchasing, configuring, installing, and supporting our computer network, hardware, and software. Additionally, you may be involved with other aspects of our technical operations, including beta testing, and Internet research.
Applicant must have workplace or school experience supporting networks of 15-50 PCs and standard Microsoft applications. Because of the challenges of the position, applicant must be highly organized and detail oriented. While this is not a coding position, only technically-fluent candidates should apply.
* Configure servers and network hardware
* Monitor site stability and performance
* Prioritize tasks and work independently yet interact well within a project-oriented team environment
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* Documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies
* Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration
* Some experience with remote servers and back-ups
* Significant experience with Microsoft desktop and server software
* Working knowledge of security, anti-virus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
These are the extra things that could *really* set you apart from other applicants:
1) Strong PC skills (Please let me emphasize Strong – Almost everyone can build a PC but not everyone knows all inner workings of the PC)
2) Ability to Diagnose and Troubleshoot PC Problems (i.e. Viruses, Spyware, damaged Peripherals)
3) Familiar with Wireless networks (Including Print sharing, File sharing, and Internet sharing)
4) Cable Modem & DSL Installs
5) Running cables through ceilings and along walls.
6) Troubleshooting common office electronics (i.e. Fax Machines, Printers, projectors, DVD Players, TV’s, Stereos)
7) Wireless Troubleshooting
8) Server administration skills
9) Experienced with Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating Systems.
10) Data Recovery – Data rescue
11) Familiar with basic firewall configurations (i.e. DMZ, port forwarding, DHCP, etc)
12) Strategic network deployment experience. (i.e. Routers, Hubs, Switches, Access Points)
13) Hotspot Setups & Advanced Hot Spot Troubleshooting
We request a minimum of at least a 3-month commitment.
ResponsibilitiesYOU MUST RECEIVE SCHOOL CREDIT IN ORDER TO INTERN WITH US!
RequirementsPlease send us a resume.
If you are NOT IN the NYC AREA, THEN PLEASE DO NOT APPLY! We also test applicants. If you are good at what you do, then please apply – you will pass.