IT E-commerce Support Analyst InternNetwork Services Company
Video Editing and Processing InternshipRealPlay
Start Your Computer Coding Career Here, Before You Graduate!Instagratify.us
DB Architect - mySQL / NoSQL / Data Mining Experience Required/ Graduate Level ONLYLRT
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / COMPUTER SCIENCE INTERNGlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK)
Technical Support/IT Work Opportunity!TelaForce
Web Developer - WordpressFV MAGAZINE
Service Desk TechniciansBookmark This
District of Columbia Retirement Board
900 7th Street NW, 2nd Floor
Posted: September 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe District of Columbia Retirement Board (DCRB) is an independent agency of the District of Columbia Government. DCRB’s mission is to manage and control the assets of the District of Columbia Police Officers and Firefighters’ Retirement Plan and the District of Columbia Teachers’ Retirement Plan, as well as to administer benefits for members of the Plans. To learn more about DCRB, please visit http://www.dcrb.dc.gov.
DCRB currently is seeking computer science/information technology students to serve as Service Desk Technicians in the agency’s Information Technology (IT) department. The internship will be part-time, at a maximum of 20 hours per week. Compensation will be available.
The primary role of the Service Desk Technician is to support DCRB’s IT department in providing reliable IT services to DCRB end users at the “support level I” category. Primary tasks include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user service desk requests, and escalating incidents (as required) to the appropriate technical staff. The Service Desk Technician also monitors the DCRB IT enterprise network, which involves the use of diagnostic and monitoring tools.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please send your resume, a cover letter describing your interest in DCRB, a current transcript, a brief writing sample, as well as the names and telephone numbers of three references. Please send application materials or direct any questions to: Vernon Valentine, HR Director via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities• Respond to and resolve all user/customer Service Desk reported problems;
• Receive customer IT service requests via telephone, e-mail, or walk-in;
• Investigate, diagnose, and report complex issues requiring escalation to senior-level support for issue-resolution. Follow the directive of senior support staff to assist in correcting known errors;
• If necessary, request external support (e.g. from software or hardware vendors);
• Assist in providing support during outages;
• Record, track, and document Service Desk issues in the Altiris trouble-ticketing system, including user identification, and actions taken to resolve the issues;
• Perform incident-management to ensure trouble tickets are addressed in a timely fashion;
• Perform data- and settings-migration from older computers to newer computers;
• Facilitate computer and computer peripheral moves for customers moving offices or cubicle locations;
• Monitor the DCRB enterprise network using network-monitoring tools;
• Update DCRB IT Inventory with newly received and retired equipment;
• Capture and document new operational procedures;
• Other related duties, as assigned.
Requirements• Ideal candidates are moving into the third or fourth years of their academic careers, and
• Pursuing coursework in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or related fields.
SkillsRequired - Oral & Written Communication Skills, Excellent customer service skills
Preferred - Help Desk Support