Web Developer - WordpressFV MAGAZINE
Entry-level Tech Support / Office AssistantOdebrecht Construction, Inc.
Strategic Initiatives Group Summer Intern - 2017Odebrecht Construction, Inc.
Technology HelperPerkiomen School
Medical Billing SpecialistDHFL PRAMERICA LIFE INSURANCE LIMITED (DPLI)
AccountantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Web / Graphic Designer InternThe Vine Publishing, Inc.
Software Developer Intern (Microsoft .NET)Bookmark This
2121 Rosencrans Ave.
El Segundo, CA
Posted: May 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionControlExpert is a rapidly growing international company servicing the automotive insurance and repair sectors. Globally headquartered in Germany and with a presence in 13 countries, ControlExpert focuses on innovative technologies and processes that compress cycle-time and cost through structured and automated decision processes.
The US operation is designed as a start-up entity and with products in market since December. The development pace is fast and the team is stoked to find young talent who can impact the business and be open to mentoring. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and are looking for an opportunity to join something special, ControlExpert is a fit.
Responsibilities• The primary focus for this internship position is to support the 2.0 platform transition project team. The majority of the work spans backend development (MVC / .Net; SQL) and involves the translation and interpretation of structured data coming from various platform processes. Also included as part of the project tasking is data mining and scoping. Through serving on the project team the intern will additionally gain exposure to the front end UI and its underlying Angular JS code base.
• Actively engage with the Senior Software Engineer mentor assigned to you. Be vocal, identify gaps in your current skill set and work with your mentor to actively bridge during the course of the internship.
• Be an energetic self-starter during the internship. ControlExpert expects this to be a learning internship on the software development side. Successful interns at ControlExpert search out ways to add project value while honing their development skills individually and through mentorship from the other members of the project team.
Requirements• Working toward a degree (undergraduate or masters) in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar.
• Some experience with any of the following: Angular JS, C#, .NET Web Applications development using the following skills: ASP.NET, MVC, WebApi, HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery, AJAX, JSON, Xml, Web services and MS SQL Server.
• Infectious enthusiasm and a desire to be a part of something great.
• You constantly strive to improve your abilities as a developer.
• You take personal pride in delivering working, well-tested clean code.
• You desire an environment where your input designs the culture.
SkillsRequired - C#
Preferred - XML, jQuery, ASP.NET, HTML 5, AJAX, CSS3, JSON, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS