Database Developer I InternshipThe Data Tamer
IT/Computer SystemsReliance capital limited
Web Development & Digital InternCPG Agency
Internship Abroad: SEO & Online MarketingGerman American Chamber of Commerce California
IT/Computer SystemsAxon Infotech Ltd.
IT/Computer Systems InternCenterPoint Energy
Engineering/IT NetworkingOutsource Tel
IT/Computer Systems InternBrogan Group
Systems EngineerBookmark This
3135 W Highland Ave
Posted: January 21 2016
DescriptionThe role is responsible to provide operations, maintenance, and enhancement support for a distributed system of Red Hat Linux based servers with RHEV virtualization. In this position you will perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting. You will configure system based on requested changes. Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes. You will be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical systems (on call rotation). You will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products. You must possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis. You will also architect and implement changes and enhancements to the operational system.
ResponsibilitiesSupport internal and external systems for company and customer.
Requirements• Proficiency in supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux and must provide a full range of hardware, software and network support for production, test, and development environments for the large government customer.
• Strong understanding of Linux / RHEL / CentOS fundamentals, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of SAN fabrics (zoning, wwn, etc.).
• Good understanding of common storage solutions: de-duplication, compression, snapshotting, cloning, and DR practices.
• Experience in system design, implementation and support of servers, storage, network, enterprise application and supporting technologies.
• Ability to manage and maintain environments using RHN Satellite to kickstart, deploy, update, and monitor Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
• Possess strong background managing virtualization environments using RHEV and KVM.
• Strong network administration experience including ability to manage router and switch configurations.
• Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, bash, etc.) to design and implement automation within the infrastructure.
• Experience with SSL Certificate management and configuration, including certificate generation.
• Ability to install/configure Internet services and protocols such as DNS, NTP, SMTP, LDAP/AD, DHCP, and HTTP
• Experience with Redhat IDM/IPA domain controller and/or RH Directory Server/LDAP.
• Ability to support the identification, classification, remediation, and mitigation of system vulnerabilities.