Internship, IT and Web DevelopmentBD Electronics
CENIC - Network Operations Center InternCENIC
Research Technology InternApplied Development LLC
IT/Computer Systems InternAutofair Automotive
Data Entry and Information ProcessingEISER
Web DesignerBeloved Streets of America
IT/Computer Systems InternStrategy Integration Group, Inc
Technical Services InternBookmark This
5210 South State Rd
Ann Arbor, MI
Posted: September 27 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Technical Services Analyst’s role is to deliver system (OS), software (Application) and hardware (desktop & mobile) support for Progenity clients, employees and associates. This includes level 2 technical troubleshooting for device and workflow for all Progenity deployed devices and applications. The Technical Services Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of deployed applications, workflow and devices. Finally, the Systems Support Analyst is responsible for ordering, asset tracking and deployment of desktop and mobile devices.
ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Planning
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
• Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
• Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
• Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
• Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
• Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
• Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
RequirementsFormal Education & Certification
• Obtained or working toward a Bachelor of Science (or equivalent experience) preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• Functional understanding of and experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Cisco Telephony and computer network systems.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.