- Internships /
- IT /
- Technical Support Engineer - Network Security & Administration - Virtualization - Server Support
Software Engineer Internship at WinItWinIt
IT/Computer Systems InternWhirlpool Corporation
IT SecurityBeloved Streets of America
IT IntellectBeloved Streets of America
IT Operations ManagerIclployalty
iPhone App Developer PositionSunState Digital Solutions
IT/Computer Systems InternCostco Wholesale
IT/Computer Systems InternAusgold Limited
Technical Support Engineer - Network Security & Administration - Virtualization - Server SupportBookmark This
Leapfrog Technology Group
116 West Hubbard Street, Fifth Floor
Posted: September 13 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIf you are interested in this position - please read the directions at the bottom thoroughly. We would like THREE specific documents sent when you apply. We are looking to hire two full time engineers and you may convert to a full time employee even before the end of the 12 week internship if you show that you are thorough and that you can follow procedures.
Let me start off by saying - on average an Intern that goes through Leapfrog training makes $50,000 - $80,000 within 1-3 years. It is unique, challenging, intense and as such - requires that same type of individual to be successful. Our best Engineers have come through this training and continue to work with us for years and years, and that is a true statement.
What is an Information Technology Internship?
- An IT Internship is both an educational experience and a potential full time job after completion.
- An IT Internship teaches students how to apply existing skills to real-world environments.
- An IT Internship gives students the opportunity to learn new skills to better prepare for the competitive job market after graduation.
- An IT Internship offers a variety of positions in at various types of organizations.
We offer internships to highly motivated individuals who want to enhance their IT exposure while working for a technology company focused on consulting and managed IT support. Our IT operations are located both in Chicago Loop and Western Suburbs. We are currently seeking interns to assist with our outsourced support program for our client located throughout Chicago land area.
- 1 - 2 years
- High School or higher
Desired Technical Skills
- Windows XP/7/8, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Remote Access, Remote Desktop, Active Directory Administration, Basic Group Policy, Windows Server
Desired Soft Skills
- Additional third party application skills and network infrastructure a plus. Ability to heavily multitask, excellent written and verbal skills, ability to understand business concepts and operations, independent worker, punctual, professional, asks detailed questions.
Must enhance skills on their own time when necessary at home or in office.
Throughout the course of each day, Leapfrog Technology Group delivers the absolute highest quality and most reliable technical support and network design\implementation services to small and medium organizations between 5 to 150 computers with one or more servers. Leapfrog is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in the Midwest Region, focusing on network infrastructure, advanced network infrastructure and managed services. Established in 2002, the company employs a small group of highly capable senior engineers focused on providing IT strategy and ongoing operational support.
ResponsibilitiesWhat will you do on a day to day basis?
- Provide accurate and timely technology support and problem resolution to Leapfrog clients.
- Provide support for everyday support requests by phone, email, and on site support (you will ride along with Senior Engineers) related to workstation and server management, networking hardware, software and hardware malfunctions, user account creation and maintenance, etc.
- Interact and consult with clients to provide satisfaction, guidance, assistance, and follow up.
- Build rapport with Leapfrog clients and their end users to establish confidence, credibility, and high levels of co-operation.
- Train users by constant re-enforcement and assistance.
- You will essentially write your own ticket here and be able to create your value with every opportunity - which could potentially as it has in the past, fast track you into a full time position.
What career opportunities are available?
It depends. Within Leapfrog, there are limited opportunities for those without professional writing skills and the desire to work as a team when needed or as an individual at other times. But for those that possess those skills the opportunities are endless. Successful careers reflect an internal ambition and drive to learn and apply skills to the work environment, but it also depends on Leapfrog business needs. We value employee development and have processes which will help you increase and develop your skill set, both technically and soft skills.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to have an impact on the growth and path of both Leapfrog and our client organizations
- Opportunity for future growth and a longer term career either at Leapfrog or elsewhere
- Benefits package
- Free Technical Training
- Performance reviews and personal development plans
How long is the internship and do I get paid?
Our internships are dependent on your ability to grow. Generally, depending on your resume, the interviews, and your ability to handle the assigned tasks and instructions, your internship will be up to 12 weeks long. Meaning, after 2 to 3 months or so, if you are not able to keep up with the complexities and expectations of what our full time position requires, then your internship may only be 4 weeks long instead of the full 12 weeks.
In the first 8 weeks, our internship is a learning experience and prepares you for the real world. This means that if you don't believe there is any value to 8 weeks of unpaid on the job training, then this opportunity is not for you. We are looking for those individuals with long term aspirations in mind, not someone simply looking for a paycheck.
Please submit a resume to the email address along with a separate synopsis of your experience and let us know in a quick few sentences why you believe you can succeed in this role. Lastly, provide your salary history including the company name, the role and the base hourly or annual pay for a minimum of the last two or three jobs you held.
RequirementsWe are currently seeking candidates through our Campus Relations Program for our Information Technology Development Program in Chicago - there are no remote options, relocation etc for this internship - you must be able to attend in person to our Chicago office.
This program provides challenging assignments and exceptional growth opportunities. In your role as a Help Desk Analyst, you will expand your skill set by providing prompt and effective support for our clients technical needs. Additionally, Leapfrog has a web design division, provides hardware\software sales, provides project management services, and in this role, additional non technical skills will be developed. This internship requires heavy multitasking, use of technology software to ease the burden on the support specialist, and is extremely challenging. Even for seasoned IT professionals, a role as an IT consultant is a very challenging one. We believe that this will be a position in which the staff is held to the highest standards and will be held accountable to use Leapfrog's proven methodologies.
Must have the following qualities:
- Business savvy: You are smart and you understand the business implications of your ideas. You are successful in translating classroom training into workplace solutions.
- Results focused: You always give it your best but you are not satisfied until you have accomplished what you intended on completing.
- Solutions oriented: Problems excite you. Obstacles are merely challenges waiting to be overcome. You are not easily dissuaded from your goals.
- Personable: You will be interacting with all levels of employees and people from executive management, warehouse staff, and everyone in between.. You are comfortable with dealing with people from all walks of life.
- Geographically mobile: After completing support training, many assignments will be on site at client facilities.
AND, above all---Pay attention to DETAIL.
Qualifications we seek:
- Undergraduate degree or certification in Information Technology, MIS or related discipline.
- Internship or co-op experience in a related field. We want to see how you are been able to supplement your education with real world situations and problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Windows Server, Exchange Server, and Windows 7 & XP client operating systems desired.
- A record of achievement. We want to see what you have accomplished. Show us examples from school, work or extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments to meet objectives.
- Must have ability to write client ready documentation, emails, proposals, and project plans with proper grammar, punctuation, as well as professional verbal support of the same.