SEO SpecialistSunState Digital Solutions
iPhone App Developer PositionSunState Digital Solutions
I.T. Data Entry PAID InternshipGIE Dental Lab
Website and digital-assistant Intern for growing nonprofit organization in NYC - FashionCouncil for Fashion and Social Change
Mobile App Developer - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world!Connect With Training
Web Development InternFortress Consulting Group
SAP Internship ProgramSage Group Consulting Inc
Network Infrastructure EngineerAscent Innovations LLC
Technology InternBookmark This
Points of Light
600 Means Street NW, Suite 210
Posted: October 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) – inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take actions that change the world. POL has a global focus to redefine volunteerism and civic engagement for the 21st century, putting people at the center of community problem solving. We are organized to innovate, incubate and activate new ideas that help people act upon their own power to make a difference. Please visit www.pointsoflight.org for more information.
Position Summary: The Technology Intern will assist the Technology Director in redesigning Online SharePoint 2013, Skype for Business, OneDrive, 2013, and other IT related tasks as assigned. Prior knowledge of these applications is a plus, but can training will also be offered in these areas.
Time Commitment: Maximum of 20 hours per week
Expected Start Date: October 2016
Duration: 3 months, with possibility of extension
Compensation: $500/month living stipend
What’s in it for you?
• Gain invaluable working experience in a fun, exciting, and mission-driven organization
• Chance to work in a collaborative environment alongside people who are in the top of their fields
• Establish a professional network and make many valuable connections
• Chance to be fully integrated into the organization. This includes getting to know how a nonprofit functions, and an opportunity to be a part of all staff functions: departmental meetings, staff engagement activities, and service projects.
How to Apply: If you are interested in joining our team here at Points of Light, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include, “Technology Intern” in the subject line.
RequirementsYou might be a good fit if…
• You are an undergraduate (junior or higher) or graduate student studying computer science or related field
• You are extremely organized, structured, and punctual
• You have a basic knowledge of IT networking
• You have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Office 365, SharePoint 2013, Lync 2013, SkyDrive 2013)
• You are a self-starter and be able to work independently
• You have experience in or are interested in nonprofit organizations and volunteer service