Fast growing tech startup-Marketing internHireClub
IT/Computer Systems InternZAG Group of Companies
Application Development InternBRUNNERWORKS
IT/Computer Systems InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Software Developer with Ability to Obtain TS/SCI Clearance!CSRA
INTERN Application DeveloperCSRA
Digital Marketing InternshipEStreet IT solutions pvt ltd
Website DeveloperAlert Inc.
Web Design InternBookmark This
West 55th St
New York, NY
Posted: August 31 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIdeasmyth is the holistic creative communications branding consultancy founded by Victoria C. Rowan. Ideasmyth’s personalized services (coaching, classes, editing, events, recruiting and other resources) support clients in developing their endeavors, increasing their brand exposure and achieving their most important personal and professional goals. Her outside-the-box consulting sensibility has been informed by her varied career across many related fields. Whether she was founding Mediabistro.com’s multi-million-dollar education division, writing for dozens of top media outlets (such as The New York Times, The Financial Times, NPR) or booking top talent for major venues, like a season at the 92nd Street Y Poetry Center, she always has remained true to her mission of cultivating and celebrating creativity. Ten+ years later, Ideasmyth has served over 1000+ creatives of international renown in all areas of the media, film, business, education, legal worlds, including: New York Times bestselling authors, top journalists, Emmy-nominated screenwriters, multiple Grand-Slam Moth Storytellers, and many critically acclaimed professionals of all stripes--even the ones that don’t think they’re creative!
At Ideasmyth, interns will have a chance to develop strong communication and professional skills to give them a competitive advantage in the workforce. Interns will receive valuable experience in all aspects of entrepreneurial business development.
While this is an unpaid internship, it is designed to be an educational and career-advancing experience where interns will be doing meaningful work and advance their careers and every effort will be made to reward superior performance.
● Personal mentorship to help them achieve their career goals
● Networking and career advancing opportunities
● Depending on skills and performance, the possibility for paid commissions
Responsibilities● Editing and maintaining the technical architecture our current Wordpress site, www.ideasmyth.com
● Designing page layouts and custom graphics with some aesthetic input from the Owner
● Formatting content on website, blog posts, fliers, event programs, forms etc.
● Developing our Ideasmyth online store
● Monitoring company’s web tools such as SEO, Klout scores, Optimizer
● Familiarity with Google Analytics or willing to learn
● Developing landing pages for our events, classes and special news
● Quality assurance testing--esp. across all browsers
● Taking charge of other integrated graphic design & tech needs of the company (e-newsletters, databases, social media tickers, interactive forms, etc.)
● Game to trouble-shoot on basic tech issues for daily tasks (for our e-newsletter, blog, database, Google Drive, etc.)
● Being a self-starter, leader, responsive communicator and a joy to work with!
Requirements● Working knowledge of WordPress and all that surrounds it
● Ability to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week (office hours: Mon-Thurs 9-2pm) for a minimum of 3 months with a preference for candidates in graduate programs who want 6 months of work experience to develop their skills and portfolios
● Essential equipment: smartphone, laptop and headphones
● Insatiable curiosity
● Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
● Organizational ninja who enjoys juggling multiple projects
● An upbeat goals junkie who enjoys contributing to the Ideasmyth team!
SkillsRequired - Adobe Creative Suite
Preferred - Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Always Willing to Learn