SEO SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
QA Engineer InternGreenway Health
Summer 17' Mobile App Developer InternKid Care Concierge
Web Developer - WordpressFV MAGAZINE
Entry-level Tech Support / Office AssistantOdebrecht Construction, Inc.
Strategic Initiatives Group Summer Intern - 2017Odebrecht Construction, Inc.
Technology HelperPerkiomen School
Billing ClerkAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Web Dev Team LeaderBookmark This
School Dangers Organization
Posted: March 30 2015
Company Location: Denton, TX
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSchool Dangers Organization is looking for a Web Dev Team Leader to lead a growing team of professional volunteer web developers and designers for the development of a new School Dangers Organization website.
We currently have an impressive volunteer team working on the design and development of this website, but we need an enthusiastic and motivated leader to ensure the project is progressing in the best possible way. This role is essential in managing our organization’s website, launching our newest campaigns, updating our digital presence and building out new pages. There are opportunities to explore branding, building a social community from the ground up and helping create pages that are viewed by thousands each day.
To be qualified for this position, you must have excellent interactive skills and be experienced in website design or development. Additionally, you must be able to commit 8-10 hours per week to the project. This position will require a high level of responsibility and commitment. We are asking for a 3 month minimum time commitment, but longer is ideal.
Responsibilities- Organizing and co-leading weekly group conference calls (Google Hangout or Skype).
- Accepting and welcoming new volunteer web developers and designers
- Assigning weekly tasks to each team member
- Sending out weekly progress reports to the team that provide a bullet-point summary of our accomplishments for the development of the website
- Maintaining one-on-one communication with specific team members as needed, and being available by e-mail or phone to answer occasional questions
- Direct the overall flow of energy and ensure the volunteers have tasks to complete that are appropriate for their skill and knowledge base
Requirements- Advanced knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, self-starter, with a proactive attitude
SkillsRequired - PHP, HTML/CSS
Preferred - Joomla