Web/mobile Full Stack developer/programer needed in Irvine Startup companyBookmark This
New Dream Services
2082 business center drive
Posted: November 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNew Dream Services is a professional student and immigration visa service company for Chinese Expats. We are looking to build a new team to develop a web based platform for the experts to service our student customers. This is an on going project and we need to hire several talented experience hungry interns that can be flexible and pick up new skills really fast. The full stack programmer requires extremely talented individual who is willing to pickup all around skills from front/back end etc.
This position is initially unpaid, and will be trained on the job, once the intern is qualified he/she will be likely to brought on as a full time employee for the company.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for mobile/web applications
- Responsible to turn wireframe and mockup design into fully functional web application
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA/Master or certificate in computer science
- Experience with CSS and HTML at an Intermediary level.
- Front end - comfortably code a responsive web page.
- Back end experience would be a huge plus.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
As a full stack develop you need to:
Building REST services and API design.
Automated UI acceptance testing using libraries like Cucumber and Selenium. Other tools to improve testing such as jayway/rest-assured and junit-team/junit
Knowing the difference between client-side and server-side templating and their pros/cons.
Being proficient with a *nix type of environment as most servers run on Linux. You should be comfortable with curl, grep (or ack), tail, vim, scp and general file/disk management tasks.
Diagnosing problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
Understand how to write clean and modular code even with your CSS (Scalable and Modular Architecture for CSS)
Preferred - Python, Agile, C Language