IT Consultant jobManpowerGroup
Offline & Online Marketing & PR Co.-Learn, How To Make Internet Profits & Sell Internet ServicesBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Instructional Design / Learning Management System InternshipAnaheim University
NodeJs Express DeveloperEcoG
Java EE DeveloperEcoG
Networking/Systems Technology / IT / Full Time Live in at Camp Great for F1 StudentsSummit Camp & Travel
IT/Computer Systems InternSPARE
Business Intelligence Developer InternBridepoint Education
Website Development/ Maintenance InternshipBookmark This
Faith Mogul Publishing LLC
Posted: June 28 2016
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUrban Christian Culture (UCC) Magazine is an entertainment and urban lifestyle focused magazine, currently seeking to offer IT internship opportunities.
Who Are We?
The magazine, which is a quarterly publication, is a platform for the advancement of independent, urban, Christian artists worldwide who are looking for a promotional outlet. We also have an online presence that is working towards helping to promote emerging artists and events. The magazine serves as a lifestyle guide for young Christians who are passionate about urban arts, lifestyle, culture and entertainment. The topics we cover are wide and varying, and include relationships, fashion, fitness, healthy eating, spiritual devotions, entertainment, events, community topics, and general interest articles, just to name a few. Our readership, which has a main audience range between ages 18-34, (35-49 secondary) represents the next generation of urban, young professionals and scholars.
UCC has a considerable and ever expanding reach in the NY metropolitan area which we have been working diligently on expanding both nationally and globally.
We are looking for Web Maintenance interns who can assist with maintaining our web platform. This includes coding and PHP knowledge. Individuals should be passionate about coding and working with Content Management Systems. Applicants should be familiar with WordPress.
*Select interns will have an opportunity to become part of our permanent writing staff along with other perks and benefits.
We would like to end by saying: There are over 1 billion Christians in the world and over 246 million Christians in the United States who come in all colors and creeds. We believe "urban" is not a race or gender, but a lifestyle and culture, so diversity is key.
ResponsibilitiesWeb Maintenance Internship Duties:
• Making sure all backlinks, permalinks are not broken
• Familiar with coding pages for changes like banners, videos etc
• Content updating
• Add New Post Pages and also create categories
• Maintain SEO work add meta tag, meta description , SEO title
• Update WordPress and plugins
• Web Development/ app development a plus
• Other tasks as needed or assigned
RequirementsCharacter Expectations of our interns: Punctual, engaging, progressive thinking, responsible, honest, assertive, imaginative, and MUST BE ENTHUSIASTIC.
• Understand Coding/PHP for websites
• knowledge of Content management Systems like WordPress
• Strong command of the English language
• Report directly to the magazine’s Managing Director
• Must attend meetings with Editor-In-Chief and Managing Director (Skype)
• Must be available by phone, text, and email, and respond within a timely manner
• Must have a stellar work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently or work with minimal supervision