BROADCAST JOURNALISM INTERNSHIPBookmark This
VAIN LLC Internships
3450 CAHUENGA BLVD WEST
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionVAIN LLC is a premiere destination where people meet content, commerce and amazing experiences. It’s mantra is “Curating Your Life by Redefining Vanity”. VAIN LLC delivers amazing moments to its ever growing audience by combining curated content, superior commerce customization and amazing events nationwide.
The goal of an internship in journalism is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in journalism. Interns at VAIN LLC are hands-on from day one. We provide interns with the opportunity to do it all in the full scope of their future career field. Broadcast journalism interns work with EricaVain.com, VAIN LLC’s celebrity/entertainment publishing platform. Most journalism interns have the luxury of working virtually (remotely from where ever they are located) and are able to gain in the field experience by attending local entertainment events and conducting celebrity interviews.
Responsibilities• Research, fact check and collect data for various materials
• Create content for EricaVain.com, EricaVainTV or other VAIN LLC platform
• Transcribe original interviews
• Maintain PR contact lists, events calendar, and sample inventory spreadsheets
• Assisting the editorial team with special projects and events as needed
• Assisting VAIN editors in maintaing and populating the site’s social media pages
• Participate in brainstorming and strategizing sessions
• Covering local events (i.e., festivals, performances, grand openings, award ceremonies)
• Writing feature articles for a blogs, digital magazine and in print magazine
• Attend VAIN LLC wide meetings, including regular intern briefings about VAIN LLC and departmental meetings.
• Follow current events, always looking for a story opportunity
To apply, click the APPLY button at the bottom of this posting. Please only apply for one VAIN LLC internship in a given semester and department. If you have any questions involving an internship opportunity with VAIN please visit VAINLLC.COM, Follow us on Social Media: @VAINLLC or send an email to InternshipQuestions@VainLLC.com. Applicants may be asked to complete a short writing sample.
Requirements• Must be currently enrolled in college; recent grads will also be considered
• Strong interest in writing, blogging or otherwise creating entertainment content
• Willingness to appear on camera in news segments, interviews and other special video content
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Highly ambitious work ethic
• Working knowledge of social media
• Ability to work 15 - 30 hours per week
• A fully functional personal computer with access to the internet
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and AP Style
• Working Knowledge of Google Applications (i.e Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, etc..)
Successful candidates will have:
• Competitive nature, desire to win and a sense of journalistic ethics
• An encyclopedia-like knowledge of celebrities, entertainment and pop culture including music, fashion, TV, movies and social media
• Able to work within tight deadlines
• Previous Newsroom Experience and Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut, and/or Wordpress is a plus
A plus would be:
• having your own DSLR and tripod
• experience in script writing and research