Maximo TV Red Carpet Reporter, Entertainment News Stories Writer, Voice Over and Camera INTERNS 2014Maximo TV
ColumnistThe Indian Economist
On-Campus West Virginia Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
On-Campus Nebraska Huskers Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
On-Campus Florida Gators Sports Reporter InternWomen Play Ball
Blogger, Social Media and SEO InternBookmark This
989 Crespi Drive
DescriptionOranda works to nourish positive, playful and productive learning environments by providing resources and ideas to parents and teachers to engage, connect and grow with each other and their children. We envision every teacher and every parent enjoying working and playing with their children every day!
Oranda's success is dependent on it's online presence on FB, blog, twitter and SEO to drive traffic to Oranda's online store.
This internship will be a training ground to acquire the skills and experience necessary for a professional blogger, social media or SEO guru.
Successful internship may lead to offer of employment. Success will be measured through Google Analytic Goals and conversion to sales.
This is a commission based position with cash bonuses for achieved goals.
Along with resume, please submit sample blog and FB entry related to Oranda's goals.
Develop and maintain blogs. Research and write articles in a conversational style, which engages readers. Interface with key personnel to insure blog content captures readers' interest, while promoting company message. Use appropriate tools to provide management with metric reports. Use on-line and off-line social networking techniques for collaboration with people inside and outside the organization. Maintain quality assurance, by open information exchange with customer service and marketing departments. Promote company objectives with each blog article.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and maintain plan for organization's Internet presence, based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals.
2. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs.
3. Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to blogging strategies.
4. Use latest syndication and blogging tools with HTML, when appropriate.
5. Ensure blog(s) are accessible from a variety of different environments.
6. Produces a consistent visual image on blog(s) including maintenance of templates and image archives.
7. Ensure images are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality.
8. Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
9. Troubleshoot and repairs bugs and problems.
10. Respond promptly to blog comments and email
11. Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback to appropriate areas.
12. Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
13. Act as liaison between blog readers and corporation
14. Interface collaboratively with web design team to insure cohesiveness between blog(s) and corporate web site.
15. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Requirements•Passionate about education and being a change agent in education
•Knowledge of or willing to learn about current positive trends in education
Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture. High school diploma or GED with related experience in achieving company objectives with blogging expertise. Must be computer and definitely Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research. Completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis, provided courses were taken in writing, marketing, business and psychology/sociology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to evaluate new and evolving blog technologies.
* Solid understanding of all sections related to the anatomy of a blog
* Ability to utilize reporting tools for analysis of traffic, referral links and reader demographics
* Ability to use syndication and pinging tools
* Knowledge and understanding of current editing, authoring tools, and related blog technologies.
* Ability to utilize computerized word processing, blogging and internet software.
* Solid foundation in search engine optimization (SEO) and implementing RSS technology
* Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and functionality
* Ability to evaluate new and evolving blogging technologies.
* Skill in the use of computerized blog layout and design software.
* Topical knowledge of the Internet, ftp, telnet and the ability to develop website documents.
* Topical knowledge of html, web development and maintenance.